The F1C is an ultra-compact mini-ITX chassis made from a one piece premium aluminium extrusion and sandblasted to perfection. With its minimalist design and small footprint, it can be placed anywhere and looks great in any home environment.
Featuring the same ultra-compact design as the original F1C, the F1C Evo has been created to improve compatibility and make assembly easier than ever. The one piece extruded aluminium body shares the same sandblast finish as the rest of the Evo range along with other refinements such as wider IR window, soft touch power button, universal eject button and a re-engineered top panel assembly system. The re-designed internals now allow for an additional 2.5” drive and larger fan whilst still maintaining the minimalist and tiny footprint that allows the F1C Evo to fit perfectly into any environment.
The original F1C (now known as the V1) launched in 2011 and has been superseded by both the V2 (Evo). The product page has been updated to show the current production version but the reviews of the V1 are still available below. Most if the changes to the V1 were internal to improve hardware compatibility .
IMPOSSIBILITY COMPACT DESIGN
VERSATILE & MODULAR ASSEMBLY
With a volume of only 3l and measuring 197x197x77mm, its very hard to appreciate just how small the F1C. We sometimes get asked if its possible to use a normal ATX PSU inside the F1C, and why we insist on requiring a NanoPSU …. Hopefully this picture will put things in context.
- Why are no fans included with the case?Streacom doesn’t design or manufacture fans and therefor we would simply be sourcing another supplier’s fans and charging you extra for that whilst also forcing our own choice of make and model instead of leaving that to the individual
- Does the F1C support an expansion card?The F1C is extremely small, there is no room for an expansion slot or card.
- Is there an Alpha version of the F1C?The newest version of the F1C is the Evo, no Alpha (or V3) revision was made
- Can I get a customised version of this case made?Whilst we are considered in many ways a boutique manufacturer, its not possible for us to produce customised versions of our cases as one-offs or in limited numbers to cater for individual requirements and modifications. We are however able to offer a customisation service for businesses (OEM / ODM) and depending on the product and type of modification, this becomes viable at relatively low volumes.
- What if I have a question that is not listed?If you can’t find the information you need, please send us a message using the ‘Get in Touch’ link at the top right of the page, choose the appropriate department and we will respond with the relevant information.