- Is it safe to use a CPU with the same maximum specified case TDP?In the past, CPU TDP was a measure of the maximum required cooling performance of a cooler to maintain the normal operating temperature of the CPU. With the advent of performance “boosting” technologies, the specified TDP is no longer an accurate representation of the required cooling performance, but more a baseline reference. When these technologies are enabled, CPUs can boost well above the specified TDP rating and they try to take advantage of thermal overheads. It is therefore important when choosing a CPU for a fanless case to consider the actual maximum TDP that the CPU can output. Wherever possible, aim for a CPU TDP that is below the case TDP rating or consider BIOS settings that will limit the CPU to the maximum TDP supported by the case.
- Do you have any updated NC2 models for newer generation NUCs?As the NC2 is no longer sold directly to the consumer market, no updated versions are listed, we do however manufacture custom solutions using the NC2 with updated port cutouts and cooler mounting for current generation NUCs
- Is the NC2 still in production?Yes, we still manufacture the NC2 but currently it’s only available for B2B customers and with minimum orders quantities.
- Can I get a customised version of this case made?Whilst we are considered in many ways a boutique manufacturer, its not possible for us to produce customised versions of our cases as one-offs or in limited numbers to cater for individual requirements and modifications. We are however able to offer a customisation service for businesses (OEM / ODM) and depending on the product and type of modification, this becomes viable at relatively low volumes.
- What if I have a question that is not listed?If you can’t find the information you need, please send us a message using the ‘Get in Touch’ link at the top right of the page, choose the appropriate department and we will respond with the relevant information.